Tuesday, 3 March 2009

Teachers to be forced to promote "equality"

According to the Telegraph teachers are going to be forced to promote equality...
Church schools could be forced to promote Islam and homosexuality under a new legally-binding code of conduct for teachers, it is feared.

The code is accused of undermining the religious ethos of Christian schools by promoting secular morality and will discriminate against devout staff and drive them out of the classroom, the Roman Catholic church has warned.

As The Daily Telegraph disclosed last month, the General Teaching Council – the profession's regulator – has published a draft code of conduct that all teachers will have to sign.

It will be used by the GTC in assessing misconduct cases, but also by school governors and local authorities in recruitment and discipline.

Principle 4 of the draft code states that teachers must "proactively challenge discrimination" and "promote equality and value diversity in all their professional relationships and interactions".

Oh the irony...

If this is true and or comes to fruition it can only be described as a big load of lefty bollocks.

The only and best response to this sort of thing comes from Big Gay Al...
Look, I appreciate what you kids did; really, I really do. But this isn't what I wanted. I'm proud to be gay. And I'm proud to be in a country where I'm free to express myself. But freedom is a two-way street. If I'm free to express myself, then the Scouts have to be free to express themselves, too. I know these men. They are good men. They are kind men. They do what they think is best for kids. No matter how wrong we think they might be, it isn't right for us to force them to think our way. It's up to us to persuade, and help them see the light, not extort them to. Please, don't cut the Scouts' funding. The Scouts help and have always helped a lot of kids. That's why I love them. I will continue to persuade them to change their mind, but this is the wrong way to do it. So, I am hereby dropping my case, and allowing the Scouts their right to not allow gays into their private club.

No comments: