Sunday, 1 March 2009

Convention report and other things...

Well I don't know about anyone else but I'm worn out. Yesterday was quite the day -- most enjoyable.

As you'll be aware I and a few others were unable to attend the 'real' convention on liberty. But from the reports on Lord Goldsmith's speech I don't think we missed much.

The alternative convention, however, was quite the success, with people coming and going throughout the day.

We enjoyed the company of some of the finest Libertarian bloggers. Most notably DK, Mr Paine and The Nameless Libertarian. And as usual we enjoyed good conversation along with a drink or two.

Thanks to everyone who attended -- you made it a great and worthwhile day out. And hopefully next year the Libertarian Party will have more of a role to play at the 'real' convention.

However if you missed the fun yesterday -- don't be too disappointed. Cos on Thursday -- March 5th -- we have our regular London meet up in Rose and Crown, Southwark.

As usual we'll be meeting from 6:30. And this month it's well worth attending because I've been informed that a very special guest may make an appearance.

Here's a map...


We hope to see you there.

7 comments:

GibbetCage said...

Can't make this month but have made a note in my diary for April's!

betterwatchit said...

I'll try to make it for this month!

TBR said...

Well it will be good to see you if you can make it down.

Martin said...

It was a very good turn out at the alternative convention- must have been at least a dozen at lunch time, only a few less by the time the convention ended. Plus, my housemate said he learned a lot from talking to Tim.

JasonB said...

Do you need to be a member to attend or can I just come by, have a drink and shoot the breeze?

Henry North London said...

Just come along, no need to be a member

Sorry I didnt make it on Saturday, I wasnt feeling well, to be perfectly honest I was down in the dumps and feeling like shit, and didnt feel like facing anyone in that state

TBR said...

Well I hope we see you on Thursday Henry. And Jason you are more than welcome to attend.